Interview with Martikia Brown
1. What gets you out of bed in the morning i.e., What is your source of motivation?
My source of motivation comes from my children, giving them a better life is what I strive for most in life.
2. What made you realize you would want to do this ?
I always had an eye for fashion but couldn’t draw so instead of fashion designing I chose fashion styling at a very young age. I would look at Vogue growing up and think wow these outfits are nice or let me try to put something together, fashion has always been my first love.
3. Why should people choose you / your product / service ?
People should choose me because I care about the appearance of everyone. My goal is to make everyone feel comfortable in their own body, rather their big or small we’re all beautiful. Another main goal is to LISTEN to my client needs and wants and putting them first.
4. What comes first for you, money or emotions?
Neither; loyalty comes first for me, if I’m loyal to my customers then everything else falls into place.
5. Tell me about an accomplishment you are most proud of.
One accomplishment I am proud of is making 14th place in the Miss Jetset ’15 beauty pageant in my state. That was a great experience and I never knew I could make it pass the top 20 but I did.
6. How do you handle the pressure?
I always try to remain calm and breathe.
I remind myself to stay focused on what needs to be accomplished and only try to change the things that I can change.
7. What advice would you give to someone starting out ?
I would tell someone starting out to never give up, dont worry about the likes on social media dont worry about what other people would say, if you want to pursue a career in fashion styling then do it. Just remember it’s your life and nobody can live it for you but YOU !